Independent Retailer Month Supporters
Supporters of Independent Retailer month are listed below. These organisations are committed to actively supporting the campaign.
British Independent Retailers Association (bira)
The British Independent Retailers Association (bira) is the voice of independent retailers and the leading trade association for independent retailers in the UK. Their aim is to provide first class support, business services and specialist representation to our members. Bira represents approximately 7,500 members across the UK from single retail outlets to small chains, dealers, suppliers, manufacturers and distributors. To find out more bira see www.bira.co.uk
Northern Ireland Independent Retail Trade Association (NIIRTA)
The Northern Ireland Independent Retail Trade Association is the representative body for the independent retail sector in Northern Ireland.
It represents the interests of over 1,400 independent retail members throughout the Province, with members in every village, town and city in Northern Ireland. The membership includes wholesalers, independent retailers of all kinds, and suppliers to the sector.
Member stores are generally owned and managed by local families rather than large multi-national companies with shareholders, meaning that member stores are absolutely vital in providing local employment as well as a strong focal point within the local community. For details see www.niirta.com
Action for Market Towns (AMT)
Action for Market Towns is a national charity representing market and small towns across the UK. Committed to the vitality and viability of our small towns, it has a national network of members including town partnerships and councils, enterprise partnerships, local authorities, and partner businesses. AMT offers imaginative ideas and practical solutions for high street revival; training, consultancy, national advocacy and other services. For details see www.towns.org.uk
Enterprise Rockers was founded to make life in micro enterprise better and fairer this is done by:
- Encouraging Micro Enterprise owners to trade together.
- Encouraging people to buy their goods from independent retailers.
- Work to ensure Government and Corporate organisations recognise the difference Micro Enterprises makes to the UK economy.
For full details visit www.enterpriserockers.co.uk
Become a Supporter
There are 2 defined levels of 'support' for Independent Retailer Month and Independent Christmas as follows:
- Sponsors: See the sponsor page for more details. Sponsors support the campaigns with financial contributions that enables us to continue dedicating resources to it.
- Supporters: The organisations presented on this page are supporters. Typically these organisations represent, or engage with, a significant number of independent retailers and agree to a structured approach to supporting the communications cascade and PR for this campaign.
There are many organisations who are campaign advocates, cascading the message and spreading the word. Although not listed here, we regularly reference them in social media and on the Independent Retail Blog.
If you would like more details about the options for sponsoring or supporting this campaign please contact us on 01727 238890 or email email@example.com